Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Eight thoughts about the election

I'm writing this from my phone so grammar and punctuation need not apply for this post.
1. Now when the market fails the free market cannot be blamed which it would have been regardless of mitt's policies (as with Bush).
2. There were minor differences between the two candidates fiscally speaking but mitt never gave me anything to make me think he would cut the budget as much and as fast as I would want. Cutting big bird will do nothing to solve the budget crisis. Military spending, medicare, and social security must all be cut if any progress is to be made. Mitt never gave me any hope that he would cut those.
3. People in the middle east are still going to die because we will bomb them no matter who is president. The last debate made us painfully aware of that.
4. We might have a few supreme court justices retire this term. I'm not sure either would have picked great ones but I know Obama won't. This is the important thing that no one mentioned on the campaign.
5. Most of my hope lies with the republicans in the house being as obstructionist as possible. I hope I'm not screwed.
6. For some reason elections make me think that the great majority of Americans are really dumb and bring out all of the elitism and snobbery that I try and hide, especially when it comes to the props in California (also president Obama. He is a completely different politician than the man who ran 4 years ago. People who voted for him four years ago shouldn't have voted for him this year if their values were really that important to them). I feel like I shouldn't think this way but seriously who votes to increase their own taxes. You're stupid California.
I think they fail to understand that a state can never redistribute wealth or hope to effectively effectuate any change in business practices because businesses and wealthy people can always move to a new, more friendly place where they do not have to worry about those problems
7. Hearkening back to a point from my last point. I'm disappointed in all my leftist friend who voted for Obama. He is more George W. Bush on steroids than 2008 candidate Obama. Undeclared wars. Horrible on civil liberties. Horrible on fiscal matters. A complete liar. It disappoints me.
8. Republicans need to be more serious about fiscal policies (ie cutting the budget) and change some policies. War mongering is not cool and Mexicans are pretty awesome so we should make it easier for them to open taco shops near my house and not kick them out of the country.
Well I think I'm done. I might have more when I look at the props more. I'm not excited for a fourth term for Bush/Cheney but I have survived the last 12 years and will survive the next four.

No comments:

Post a Comment